Matt. 28

"I'll be with you as you do this, day after day after day, right up to the end of the age."
Matthew 28:20

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Visiting a new church

We were two minutes from arriving at church with our SIM friends, Steve and Mikki, when he said, "Oh, I should have told you before, but our church is quite different.  We all sit on mats on the floor.  I hope you don't have back problems!"  Tom's back is still sensitive so they gave him a chair in the back and the rest of us sat on the mats for 2 hours straight.  Along with the lively music we were singing, the roosters were crowing and the goats were bleating right outside the grass mat walls.





We thoroughly enjoyed the service.  The sermon was in French, translated into Tomachek (sp?)  There were about 20 adults in attendance.  And wouldn't you know, I was asked to close the service in prayer.  That's what visitors are for!


I promise I won't bore you with fashion pictures, but I did want to show you the new scarf Accora (our national staff director) helped me buy at the market.  They are kinda fun to wear.  I guess I need one for each outfit now...

No comments:

Post a Comment