Three homes.
Three sets of living room furniture.
Three sets of sofa cushions.
Tom ordered our living room furniture last June when he was here so it would be completed by the time we arrived. It was finished and stacked at the carpenter's workplace when we arrived in October and stayed there until we found our house. I thought you might want to see his carpentry shop.
Then the great day came when we were ready for the furniture to be delivered.
Then my work began. The couch and living room chairs needed foam cut to size and fabric chosen for covering them. The foam cutting was the easy part (the factory did that) and Tom picked it up in a taxi.) I looked in the two fabricstores several times before I finally found one that had enough fabric on the bolt for my job. As you can see, it's not easy rummaging through the bolts that are stacked on top of each other.
The final choice was made and the fabric was measured and cut.
I had hoped to sew them myself but realized the job was a bit too big for my lower end sewing skills so found a tailor who did a magnificent job... and all with a treadle machine
Our African friends often say: "Little by little a bird makes his nest!" Slowly, little by little our house is becoming a home. Next is curtains... more fabric shopping...
Very nice, I can't imagine going back to a tredle machine!
ReplyDeleteThe Furniture looks great mom. See u in Four weeks.
ReplyDeleteYAY!!! I can comment now!!! -Erika
ReplyDeleteThe furniture is beautiful. I like the delivery picture!! Got some curtain material for you today. Hope it suits your tastes!
ReplyDeleteLove your pictures, Marcy. Your floors look so nice and shiny...without dust! :) Looking forward to reading your blogs.
ReplyDeletewhat quality! I love what you are doing to your home and it appears that even though the laborer's work out of limited quarters, it doesn't seem to make a difference at all in what they can produce! They are skilled!!! xoxo...Joan
ReplyDelete