Matt. 28
"I'll be with you as you do this, day after day after day, right up to the end of the age." Matthew 28:20
Friday, January 20, 2012
The Schoolmarm
We never dreamed that one of our children would be with us this time in Africa! Lindsay came in November to student teach at Sahel Academy for 4 weeks. We knew that was going to happen. At the end of the semester, one of the French teachers left unexpectedly so Lindsay was offered the job for 2nd semester. She accepted and after graduating in December from Emporia State in Kansas she is now teaching five classes of beginner French at Sahel. AND...living with us! We're still working out the rent agreement...I suggested she wash all the floors before she leaves for school every morning! But that would mean getting up at 3am in order to finish before she leaves for school at 6:30. So we'll look for plan B. Actually, we are thrilled to have her here with us. I'm re-living my first year of teaching in Osborne, KS again as she comes home with funny stories and spends hours every night planning creative ways to teach French to children from 1st grade to high school. She had the crazy idea that I would LOVE doing her bulletin boards...that died a quick death.
Another plus is that her friends come over so our social life is improving. Watching a movie means that everyone crowds together on the couch in order to see the computer screen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
first of all, Lindsay is THE cutest teacher ever!!! She's SOOOO beautiful! Second, those pictures look gorgeous above the couch Mom... I write that as I stare at my blank wall. :)
ReplyDelete