My all-time favorite word is DELIGHT!
Doesn't that just make you smile and feel all wonderful inside? :)
When someone is delighted, their eyes light up, there is joy.
I was trying to think of things that delight me here in Niger:
walking into an air-conditioned room
sliding (I've given up diving) into the swimming pool when it's 120 degrees out
seeing Lindsay walk in the door at the end of the day
eating breakfast with my dream man outside on the porch
getting a real, snail-mail letter
lemon pie
a really good book ( Melissa, Crime and Punishment doesn't fit this category!)
having a good "guffaw" with the neighbors
etc.
I've been amazed how many verses in the Bible contain the word "delight":
delighting in His Word,
delighting in weakness (that's a tough one),
His river of delights.
The most amazing are the ones that speak of God delighting in us:
"He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing."
That's incredible.
Every blog post needs a picture, right? Here's my delightful neighbor boy, Adam.
No comments:
Post a Comment