BTW, Happy Anniversary Bob and Clare!
Today is also the anniversary of our evacuation from the Central African Republic after the attempted Coup d'Etat way back in 1996 when Erika was just 4 years old and Lindsay lost all her presents from her recently celebrated 6th birthday and Andrew got a picture taken with the US Marines as he was holding a big, bad gun and Melissa had the nightmarish experience of being in our pickup with her dad when it was seized at gunpoint. Remembering God's faithfulness during those difficult days renews our trust and faith in our loving Father today.
On to the photo challenge:
Day 18: Something you made:
I made Tom a couple of shirts:
| Add caption |
and here is a collage of some of my favorite cards I've made lately. Anyone need cards?
Day 19: A Favorite Place
I really enjoy wandering through the local marché (open market). There is one just a 5 minute walk from our house and there are always so many intriguing grains, potent spices, stacks of plastic ware and shops full of items for sale. At times the smells are overpowering, but that just makes me walk a bit faster past those stalls. It's not quite like window shopping at the mall and I certainly don't spend as much money or time.
I'm finally learning my way through the amazing maze of alleys and paths so that I can end up at the same place two times in a row. That way I get to know some of the merchants so I don't have to "re- barter" the prices for the items I buy regularly. It really is a fascinating place.
Here are some photos I took this morning when I went to buy onions and sugar.
| My "peanut butter" lady. A 30 gallon can full of natural peanut butter. |
| Our pumpkin squash. |
Day 22 Pink: Bouganvillea bushes at the office.

will you take me to that market in August? great post!! Dad's shirts look awesome!
ReplyDeleteA lot of your pictures remind me of Mexico, we had a bouganvillea in our yard there. They had the open market too but we mostly just shopped at Walmart. (:
ReplyDelete