Coffee drinking in Africa means Nescafe. This is a cute little coffee shop on the university campus. I really don't know what they sell there, but it's new and it's bright red, and I assume one can get a cup of instant coffee on the spot.
Probably even more popular than coffee is the tea they drink. I'm not going to explain the way they prepare it, that's another post. But I've just been fascinated by their "hot water to go!" We meet these "Starbucks to go" fellas at all times during the day.
In one hand they carry a large recycled tin can that has a square cut out of one side. Inside that hole, there is burning charcoal and a tea kettle with water settles nicely in place above the charcoal. That keeps the water always hot and ready for the next customer.
Time for an afternoon spot of tea for the cement bag sellers!
The tea seller looks a little angry in his picture!! I hope you bought some tea after taking his picture!
ReplyDeleteI love that you got this on camera...it was something I thought would be fun to capture. It would be interesting to know how much he makes per cup.
ReplyDelete