Matt. 28

"I'll be with you as you do this, day after day after day, right up to the end of the age."
Matthew 28:20

Friday, March 7, 2014

Three Months of Silence

The blogging silence doesn't mean that nothing has been happening Chez Dorsch!   It's time to catch everyone up with the events of the past 3 months.

It all started with this...


all four of our children were able to celebrate Christmas with us.  Plus we added another member to our family,  but we'll talk about that later.

Christmas was absolutely wonderful; the days went by so quickly and were filled with fun and laughter and visiting.  It seems like so long ago. Voila,  some of  my favorite pictures:


After celebrating Christmas with our church family, we shared some of the joy we have in celebrating Christ's birth with our dear neighbors.  We sang, visited and gave them plates full of cake.




The time wouldn't have been complete without the annual arm-wrestling match, this year presided over by an official, unbiased referee!  (It was officially a tie.)


On December 27th we road-tripped to Ouagadougou, an eight hour drive from Niamey.


It felt like going home for our children and we tried to see as many of our "old haunts" as possible.  It was at a favorite restaurant that Kyle Albrecht asked our Erika to be his wife.  She accepted and we are thrilled.

A Christmas we'll remember for a long time.

The engagement of Kyle and Erika gave me a reason to spend a bit of time in Kansas in February.   We shopped for a wedding dress and made lots of wedding plans.


 I can't show those pictures but I did get to experience "snow days".  I LOVED it and took a lot of pictures to try to portray to our Nigerien friends just what snow is.  "Does it make noise like rain when it comes down?"  I'd never thought about that before.  I've been tempted to defrost my freezer and save the ice shavings in order to give them a better idea of snow!







It was a special gift to be in Kansas and to be snowed in for a couple of days.

Now I'm back in Niamey where snow is unimaginable and today's temp was 105 degrees.


3 comments:

  1. Dear Marcy,
    I waited for a new entry in your blog to thank you for the absolutely gorgeous cards you made and that Melissa offered me last week at our National Agapé gathering. Thank you so very much for them and the so cute little bag. Your artistic genes passed well to your daughter (and I guess to your other children). I enjoy so much reading the blogs of your family. It is a blessing to witness the commitment you all have to the Kingdom, each of you in your own way. It is such a privilege to have Melissa here in France. She is a wonderful gift and I can't wait to see more of the adventure the Lord is preparing for her and J. I know it must hard to have your family spread out all over the planet and I'm even more impressed with the strong bond and love you have between all of you. May you be blessed and see the Lord's winking at you even in the Niger heat with your chicks spread out. Much love and hope to meet you one day. Anne Schweitzer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are there official "arm wrestling contest" t-shirts? :) Those snow pictures look lovely...glad you were able to be with Erika and participate in the fun of wedding planning, Marcy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marcy, I had been waiting for a blog post and this was worth the wait! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We love you. -Terry

    ReplyDelete