Usually we get a taxi, as we are staying on the other side of the river. Today, however, there were no taxis, so we walked. Quite a pleasant 30 minute walk, even in the high temperatures, and as always there was a lot to see on the way. The thought of AC and an ice cold drink kept us going. There is one two lane bridge over the big river that separates the town. Today, a large truck loaded with wood had stalled in the middle of the bridge so traffic was blocked. Hence, the reason for no taxis.
The sights here are constantly fascinating. I wish I could take pictures of it all and that the pictures would truly communicate what we see. Walking over the bridge (there was a sidewalk) we could see the scores of men either bathing or washing clothes in the river water. (I won’t say it was dirty water, but it sure was brown!) Then they either hang the clothes to dry on the bridge railing all along the road or lay them flat on the river bank.
Yesterday afternoon I took a long walk around the area of the SIM guesthouse where we are currently staying. Beautiful peaceful area of town. I felt like I was in the countryside: rice paddies, mud-brick homes, families sitting outside visiting. I even met a herd of cows!
Please keep on praying that we would find a house. The process isn't going as fast as I think it should!!!
Please keep on praying that we would find a house. The process isn't going as fast as I think it should!!!
Really enjoy seeing the pictures and reading your comments! Thanks for letting us glimpse into your daily lives! We'll keep praying for a house soon.
ReplyDeleteTim and Brenda
What are they loading into the boat?
ReplyDeletemom your blog is great!!!! keep it up!
ReplyDelete