Matt. 28

"I'll be with you as you do this, day after day after day, right up to the end of the age."
Matthew 28:20

Monday, October 10, 2011

The Walk to Church

We walked to church this morning, about a mile or so.
Lovely walk on a sandy road.
Two very large camels passed in front of us.
The river with vegetable gardens were along one side. 
The service was from 9:00 – 11:15.  
About 100 people.
Felt the sweat run down my back for the first time since being here.
The choir had robes and marched/danced in and out. 
Men sat on one side and women on the other.
The children's choir had 2 special numbers to sing, the older women’s group sang one number, the men’s group sang one and the young people sang one. 
I observed within minutes of sitting down  that I was the only woman without a head covering.  Oops!
      My bad.  I have to be a learner of a new culture.   

                P.S.  My toenails are still soooo pretty!  Thanks again my dear kids for that bday present! 
         Even after walking on the dusty roads.


The church we visited on Sunday morning.

Lots of vegetables grown along the river.


Having a bit of bread after the church service! Yeah, for baguettes! 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your blog. I will follow along and pray for the specifics! Love the photo you sent earlier! Blessings to you both!

    ReplyDelete