The lady who lives next door fries flour/onion "pancakes" every morning under the tree on a little fire and sells them to passersby. I had one the other day and it was quite tasty. They have three boys and her husband is our night guard. (You can see our yellow gates in the background.)
The matriarch of the family can't speak French but we have had some good laughs together. The first time she met Lindsay and we told her that she was my daughter, she was aghast because she figured that we (the woman and I) were about the same age and how could someone as old as I have a daughter so young! I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.
There are always swarms of kids and they love to have their pictures taken.
Sometimes I just sit in front of our gate with the neighbors and watch the sights. You can tell on the pictures that they are putting in a new road in front of our house. We often see groups of women going to or from the market. One of these women was carrying a huge computer monitor! Go figure.
Some more photos from our walk around the block:
Thanks for your prayers for us.
We are daily aware of our neediness and grateful to our Heavenly Father who is:our Shield,
our Strength,
our Fortress,
our Deliverer,
our Strong Tower
our Strength
and our Ever Present Strength in time of need.
great post mama! I laughed when I read what the matriarch said about you and your young daughter. haha. did you tell her that you had an even younger one yet? :)
ReplyDeleteI was too demoralized to say anything more!
ReplyDeleteLove the post mother.
ReplyDelete