Matt. 28

"I'll be with you as you do this, day after day after day, right up to the end of the age."
Matthew 28:20

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Day 15 Photo a Day: Love

Love.
Public display of affection is a no-no here in Niger.
Can't even hold hands in public.  Even old married people.
I miss walking hand in hand with my dream man.  Really miss it.
Sometimes when we are alone on the road we hold hands a bit.  Or at night.
Tonight we were invited to some friends' house across town.
They live on a beautiful street with tons of bougainvillea flowers.
It was much too romantic to just walk--so Linds documented the illegal activity!




4 comments:

  1. I'm not usually one to encourage illegal activity, but in this case... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this. Ah the dilemmas of cross cultural living. How do you decide when to just fit in and when it is OK to go against the culture? I don't think I ever figured that one out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable!! I love missionaries like you=0) also - great taste in africa fabric =0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caught in the act! Glad you got to enjoy a romantic walk...I walk that street quite a bit and have never noticed the romance. I wonder why? :)

    ReplyDelete