My sister, Donna, inspires me. Big Time.
She has battled cancer for so long.
First, breast cancer.
Then, bone cancer.
And she just got the news on Friday that the cancer has gone to her liver.
How we hate that news.
Donna's response: "...So am I going to live differently? I don't know how. I want to live each day for God's glory and proclaim His love whenever He gives me opportunity."
No complaining. No pity party. Just keep on doing what God has called her to do.
I remember a time shortly after her bone cancer diagnosis. She and I went to visit a friend who had also been diagnosed with terminal cancer. I sat there in awe as these two women, both dealing with dreaded, incurable cancers, cited blessings and miracles and a myriad of ways the Lord had taken care of them. I knew I was in the presence of saints that day; women who knew and loved the One who had called them to walk this path and was walking it with them.
I know the point of this photo challenge is to take a new photo every day but I'm doing my own thing today. I love this picture of Donna and her husband, Jerry. It's an old one but I love it.
Us three girls. We have such good giggle fests together. My best friends.
This is the most recent picture I have, taken the night before we left for Niger:
Donna with my brother.
I love you, Donna. You inspire me to make each day count, to hold on to what I know to be true instead of listening to the lies of the Evil One, to choose to trust and accept from the Giver of All Good Things instead of complaining. Thanks for being such a model and inspiration to me and to so many, many others.


I couldn't have said it any better, Marcy, of a very dear sister to me as well. We are so blessed! I love both of you so much! Florene
ReplyDeleteThanks, Marcy, for this sweet tribute to your dear sister. God certainly is being glorified in her life! Loved the pictures.
ReplyDeleteTears. Thank you for sharing these precious thoughts, Marcy.
ReplyDelete