Speaking of police...we did get stopped today by a policeman on a motorcycle. He pulled up beside us as we were crossing the bridge and told us to stop right there. In the middle of the bridge. We did. Which stopped the whole line of traffic behind us. That was the whole idea. Evidently the minibus behind us hadn't stopped when he had been whistled at to stop at an earlier round-a-about so in order to get him to stop now, the policeman stopped us so we would block the minibus so he could get-em! After waiting a few minutes we continued merrily on our way--after looking at the hippos in the water beside the bridge.
This is what I wore today. (I'm getting pretty good at tying two yards of fabric around my head! It can also be used for another wrap-around skirt. And it's a great sweat absorb-er.)
I'm soooo excited to have found a great tailor...finally. She does amazing work.
Isn't the sewing gorgeous? All done with a treadle machine. The top is so cool and comfortable.
| With two of my fellow staff women. |
And always my trusty berkies! Everyday. All day. Outside. They don't scoop sand when I walk like some of my other sandals do. They are also easy to slip off and on since we never wear them in our house or anyone else's house. Even in the dorms, the girls have written with chalk on their room doors in big letters: TAKE OFF YOUR SHOES BEFORE ENTERING! (In French of course.)
Very creative policemen! Love the pics! Love you!
ReplyDeleteYou are SO beautiful, Mom!!!! I love your outfit!
ReplyDeleteI was noticing Lindsay's outfit and she said you guys had found a great tailor. Love your outfit, too!
ReplyDelete