Matt. 28

"I'll be with you as you do this, day after day after day, right up to the end of the age."
Matthew 28:20

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Brigades, Pushers, Bikers and Headers Part 2

One of the reasons that there was such a looooonnnng gap in my blogging is that I haven't been able to capture everything that I wanted in photos to pass on to you.  The number of items we see daily that are peddled from one side of town to the other is astounding.  Some are just so fun and we chuckle and say, "wow, I can't believe he's selling that!"   The majority of the vendors are men.

Closely related to the wheelbarrow brigade are the 2 wheeled carts, and I will include a few of the 4-wheelers, that are used for the heavy loads.  They are bigger than a wheelbarrow and whereas the wheelbarrows are usually carrying produce, the carts are full of other kinds of merchandise.  Of. all. kinds.  And my, oh, my can they stack them.  There is an artistry in the arrangement of the goods to keep them from falling and so that the customers can see it all with one glance.  What marketing!

Our neighbors daily load their cart with 5 or 6 huge restaurant sized pots of food they have prepared and cart it down to the "round point" to sell at noon.  Portable restaurant.  I often see them coming home around 4pm with empty pots.  A successful day. 

The Hardware store on wheels.
 
I stepped out my gate yesterday and saw this fella strolling by.
 Every kind of large plastic container you could ever need:
 washtubs, buckets, tea kettles used to wash before praying, prayer mats and more.
 All so neatly arranged that I could have shopped from across the street! 
 
At times the loads get a bit heavy for a two-wheeler and sometimes they need some help pushing.  

Walmart on wheels.

The water man:  he delivers water to those without water in their courtyards.  

Clothes of all shapes and sizes.  Undergarments as well.  


Carts full of dirty laundry heading for the river to be washed.  

Lightbulbs,  and who knows what else.  

The Men's Shoe Saleman.  


It says it's ice cream.  I'm not sure. 

It's so handy.  We needed to buy a gift  for a student one morning and there he was,
our friendly Walgreens on Wheels
with so many choices of cologne and after shave. 

Cookies and candy, too.
 All tied on cleverly with strips of inner tube rubber. 


2 comments:

  1. I very much enjoy your posts!! It makes me want to be there and experience it first hand! Maybe not the hot temperatures though! Thanks for letting us experience it through your pictures and words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! Love seeing all the goods on "Wheels"...

    ReplyDelete