Matt. 28

"I'll be with you as you do this, day after day after day, right up to the end of the age."
Matthew 28:20

Monday, March 4, 2013

And the Bikers Part 3 of the Travelling Salesmen Series

The biker salesmen are not as prevalent, but they can move their supply of goods from one place to another with greater speed.   They often have so much piled behind them and so much on their handlebars that handling the bike safely in traffic is challenging.  I like the little stand on the back tire to keep their bike standing straight while they take care of their clients.  The sachets of soap and other household supplies are loaded and ready to go.  



The plastic bag man is a popular salesman.  All the fruit and vegetable vendors need them when they make sales and I use many different sizes and shapes at my own house:.  My favorites are ones for freezing ice and one that is a perfect size for the cards I make.  


I followed this man across the bridge.  He had just picked the lettuce from his garden and was taking it to sell. 

This peddler was making a sale to one of our neighbors as we walked home from church yesterday morning.  He had a huge variety of items for sale including "kold" medicine.  The skill of attaching it all is just amazing.  


1 comment:

  1. I so enjoy the great picures and comments on your life in dusty Africa. These travelling salesmen know what they are doing! And your perspective is so positive, seeing the wonder of it all. Thank you! Sharon Weaver

    ReplyDelete