Matt. 28

"I'll be with you as you do this, day after day after day, right up to the end of the age."
Matthew 28:20

Friday, March 8, 2013

How can they walk so fast with all of that on their HEAD?

Carrying merchandise on a table, on the head is a very clever way to do business.  Really.  No need for signs or advertising; what's for sale is readily seen by all passers-by.  In fact, after a time, it is easy to recognize from a distance what is being sold by the shape and size of the load or in what manner it is carried.

I often wonder how many kilometers these men/boys travel in a day.

These fresh, juicy carrots are in season right now.  My "carrot buddy" installs himself at the round point every morning with his carrots, a tub of water and some reeds (used to tie groups of 3 carrots together).



Instead of a portable table,  the top half of a defunct fan makes a great pan for carrying the merchandise.
 Way to recycle.

Got a headache and need just one pill to take the pain away?  Hopefully your path will cross with the travelling pharmacist. 



Wouldn't you agree that it is quite clever to carrying a stool or table a long with you to sell your goods?  No bending over.  After all, presentation is everything, right?



I like the scissors he has tucked into his stack, as you can purchase one single pill if you want--no need to buy the entire package. 


The flipflop salesman had already lowered his load to the ground before I could get my camera out.  

I met a fella yesterday with this load balanced on his head and doing a fast trot down the street.

Shopping for jewelry.  My neighbors were shopping when I stepped out of our gate (see below).  These boxes are usually not carried on the head but on the shoulders so the shiny jewelry can be seen and admired...and purchased, of course. 


Cookies anyone?  Always a few in the hand to help with the advertising. 


Brooms made from dried plants. 



And the list goes on and on.
Doesn't it make you want to come visit?
You are definitely welcome.
There are endless sights to see.




1 comment:

  1. presentation certainly IS everything and can these merchants present!

    ReplyDelete