Matt. 28

"I'll be with you as you do this, day after day after day, right up to the end of the age."
Matthew 28:20

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Sweet Summer Memories

So many sweet memories.

Here is a group of random pictures that show a bit of our summer:

The summer was lovely.  Such a glorious break from the heat of Niamey.

Wild flowers had come up in front of our old, aged barn.


I got to putter around in my flower bed a bit.


An extremely tame kitten appeared on the road behind us one evening and then wouldn't leave us. She became a cherished wedding gift to Erika from Linds, but city life was too big of an adjustment for Sir William Othello (Billio for short) and she found a better home chez Troy and Aubrie!


With three sisters, Andrew has always been out-numbered.  Now with a new brother-in-law and the visit of Melissa's boyfriend, the numbers were evened out and made dish duty more fun.
  

I painted our front door RED!



Nothing rivaled taking early morning walks or the evening strolls.



If the walks were with Tom, they often ended up checking the cattle.



We got to spend just a bit of time the morning after the wedding with Tom's family...playing pinochle, of course.





One old, old tree decided to fall down one windy afternoon.





We visited Miss Dorsch's classroom.


I could look out any window of my house and see green fields instead of cement brick walls.


We helped the newlyweds move into their new place.



We watched corn being cut for silage and packed into the bunker.




We got some yummy sweet corn and pretended we were putting up corn for the winter months! Thanks Jeff and Kris.  We ate the last bag the day before we left.


We spent a long weekend in Minnesota with Andrew and managed to buy him a hamburger that was too big for him to finish in one meal!  Loved some time with the Putnam's as well.  


Nine years ago the girls' paint choices for their rooms were bright yellow and purple.  
This time I chose the paint color. 




Wonderful memories and wonderful family and friends.  

There is one more amazing part of our summer yet to be blogged about.  Stay tuned. 

1 comment:

  1. I love your house, the countryside, and especially the red door. Good choice of paint color! I also like the red chair next to it.

    ReplyDelete